|September 21, 2012 - July 17, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Corporate - Compensation & Benefits|
|Description:||To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions|
|Duties:||• Design, evaluate and modify benefits policies to ensure that programs are current, competitive and in compliance with legal requirements. |
• Analyze compensation policies, government regulations, and prevailing wage rates to develop competitive compensation plan.
• Fulfill all reporting requirements of all relevant government rules and regulations, including the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
• Direct preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits, compensation, and personnel policies.
• Administer, direct, and review employee benefit programs, including the integration of benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions.
• Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Identify and implement benefits to increase the quality of life for employees, by working with brokers and researching benefits issues. Weekly communication with brokers.
• Manage the design and development of tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions.
• Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems and define job levels and families, in partnership with other managers.
• Prepare budgets for personnel operations.
• Mediate between benefits providers and employees, such as by assisting in handling employees' benefits-related questions or taking suggestions.
• Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
• Negotiate bargaining agreements.
• Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
• Prepare personnel forecasts to project employment needs.
• Analyze statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
• Represent organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
• Build and maintain various reports in ADP Reporting
• Weekly communication with broker to discuss issues and push through documents
• Work with employees and carriers to resolve claims and enrollment issues
• Provide information on eligibility per brand and employee type
• Work with broker and carrier to update the plan documents and eligibility throughout the year as needed to ensure compliance
• 401k distribution, loan, loan payoff, rollover, and hardship withdrawal requests. Work with beneficiaries of deceased participants.
• 401k enrollment guidance and information
• Run 401k reports via website and resolve issues with Newport Group
• Flex Spending weekly funding and eligibility
• HMSA biweekly reporting
• Open enrollment planning and webinars
• Create communication pieces and booklets for each brand and type of employee
• Build and maintenance of the HR Connection website
• Prepare required federal and state benefit notices and mailing
• Build and maintain benefit plans in PayForce for all pay groups
• Maintain deduction codes and memo items for pay groups in PayForce
• Advise on FMLA and ADA issues, prepare sample letters for distribution
• Advise on company and state mandated disability, prepare sample communications
• San Francisco Commuter Spending set up and monthly maintenance
• Advise on unused deduction report changes as needed, prepare sample notices
• MA Fair Share Quarterly Reports and compliance reporting Healthy San Francisco Quarterly Reports and compliance reporting
• Process memo codes for W-2 healthcare reform reporting requirements-this can be done on a monthly basis going forward but it does require quite a bit of time and adjusting
• Resolve Cobra communication issues between 3rd party Cobra provider and carrier
• Communicate with Medcor to update locations and revise primary facilities as needed
• Run reports in Zurich and Medcor sites to assist employees and adjusters with worker's comp issues
• Communicate with Humana regarding Stop Loss issues and premium payments
• Annual 401k and benefit census for all brands
• Build compensation reports for federally/state required or mutually beneficial data surveys
• Maintain monthly benefit cost numbers and analysis
|Qualifications:||• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.|
• Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
• Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
• Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education : Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
Experience : Three to seven years related experience
Proficiency in word processing and data spreadsheets.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.