|November 09, 2012 - December 31, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||POSITION SUMMARY |
The Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment including overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies, and providing Information Technology with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS |
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the company.
• Work to ensure that the associated hardware resources allocated to the databases ensure
high resilience and performance tuning.
• To proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Responsible for providing trend analysis to management team to enable them to make informed decisions regarding resource management.
• Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving of SQL development (SQL Server 2005/2008).
• Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades.
• Responsible to assist or develop Transactional SQL, and DTS stored procedures.
• Select and enter codes to monitor database performance and to create production database.
• Establish and calculate optimum values for database parameters, using manuals and calculator.
• Revise company definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
• Review workflow charts developed by programmer analyst to understand tasks computer will perform, such as updating records.
• Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for upper management.
|Qualifications:||POSITION QUALIFICATIONS |
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
• Systems Analysis - Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
• Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
• Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: BE or BS Degree desired in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related job experience.
• 3-5 years Microsoft SQL Server experience.
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
• SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012
• Database Administration
• Database Tuning
• Database Management
• Database Security
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.