Director of Training
|November 29, 2012 - December 31, 2012|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Corporate - Human Resources|
|Description:||The Director of Training is responsible for the design, preparation, delivery and needs assessment of restaurant management training and development programs for Earl of Sandwich. Additionally, the position is responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive curriculum for leadership and management evolvement. Must design and deliver training materials and modules that ensure standards relative to Food & Beverage and drive Operations' Excellence, Guest Service, Sanitation, Safety and Team Development.|
|Duties:||1. Create, develop and implement progressive, comprehensive training and|
2. Develop both classroom and on the job programs to enhance operational skills of Management teams and hourly staff.
3. Collaborate with operations directors and managers to identify training and
4. Ensure that corporate policies are uniformly understood and administered.
5. Ensure support and compliance with all appropriate federal, state and local
laws and regulations.
6. Certify key training people to conduct staff training for their networks.
7. Continuously improve the course curriculum to assure new operational
standards and "best practices".
8. Provide new training strategies to exceed the changing demand of the industry.
9. Prepare and maintain the training departments' budget.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience.
• 7 plus years training/operations services experience, preferably within the hospitality industry.
• High degree of skill in project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
• Ability to influence and partner with all levels/departments of organizations.
• Ability to proactively identify needs and develop programs to meet business objectives.
• Ability to produce, analyze and measure results of training programs.
• Ability to establish priorities and re-evaluate them based on business demands.
• Ability to facilitate and deliver training classes to diverse audiences.
• Knowledge of federal and multi-state labor and employment laws.
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in POS Systems preferred.
• Some travel is required.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
EDUCATION: The successful candidate will possess a bachelor's degree in Business
Management, Organizational Behavior or a related field.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.